by Robert Yota
Hong Kong's second-richest man and conglomerate CK Hutchison Holdings founder Li Ka-Shing through his philanthropist Li Ka Shing Foundation donates approximately Rp 3.9 billion for the accommodation of medical workers that are treating COVID-19 patients in Indonesia.
The donation comes in the form of 100 shelter pods as places to rest for the medical team. The pods are channeled by local capsule pod company PT Bobobox Mitra Indonesia to COVID-19 state referral hospitals spread across Jakarta and West Java.
According to Bobobox president and co-founder Antonius Bong, the shelter pods for the medical workers are customized differently than the regular pods in Bobobox hotels. Each hospital shelter pod is estimated to cost Rp 60-70 million to make.
The first completed shelter pods were handed over to RS Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung, West Java on Friday.
Here are the list of hospitals that will receive the shelter pods:
1. RSPI Sulianti Saroso, North Jakarta (8 pods)
2. RSUD Koja, North Jakarta (10 pods)
3. RSUD Cengkareng, West Jakarta (10 pods)
4. RS Pelni, West Jakarta (16 pods)
5. RSUD Tarakan, Central Jakarta (4 pods)
6. RSKD Duren Sawit, East Jakarta (4 pods)
7. RSUD Bekasi, Bekasi, West Java (10 pods)
8. RS Hasan Sadikin, Bandung, West Java (4 pods)
9. RS Dustira, Cimahi, West Java (8 pods)
10. RSUD Karawang, Karawang, West Java (8 pods)
11. RSUD Bayu Asih, Purwakarta (6 pods)
12. RSUD Subang, Subang, West Java (4 pods)